what brand of pole is the best to buy?

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

P.V.O.D
PV Newbie
Expertise: current high school vaulter
Lifetime Best: 12
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: sergei bubka

what brand of pole is the best to buy?

Unread postby P.V.O.D » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:59 am

i am lookin to buy a new pole and want to know the best brand of pole to buy?

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: what brand of pole is the best to buy?

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 pm

The brand doesn't matter very much. Seriously, they're all pretty good. What poles do you currently have? If your school has mostly one brand or another, the best brand is probably the brand you already have.

jr
PV Nerd

Unread postby jr » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:20 pm

If there is a vault club near you that sells poles they will sometimes have a swap or trade program that allows you to move up poles without costing a lot after your initial purchase.
Jerry

P.V.O.D
PV Newbie

Unread postby P.V.O.D » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:44 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:The brand doesn't matter very much. Seriously, they're all pretty good. What poles do you currently have? If your school has mostly one brand or another, the best brand is probably the brand you already have.

im in a small school and dont have many poles, my teamate just broke our bet pole we had and are looking for a new one. we have a couple of REAlLY old poles. but they are too stiff and above our wieght we need to get a new one.. the one we broke was a sky pole and we thought about getting a ucs spirit pole or a pacer fx but we were seeing what the best one to get was

jr
PV Nerd

Unread postby jr » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Where are you located?
Jerry

P.V.O.D
PV Newbie

Unread postby P.V.O.D » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:08 pm

jr wrote:Where are you located?

i live in a small mineing town in arizona

jr
PV Nerd

Unread postby jr » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Arizona Pole Vault Academy > Home
www.arizonapolevaultacademy.com/
The Arizona Pole Vault Academy is set up to be a club/camp environment that provides training for any level pole vaulter.
Sky Athletics
www.skyathletics.com/
Sky Athletics pole vault club of Phoenix, Arizona. The facility is designed to offer vaulters of all levels a place to work toward becoming a better vaulter. Our goal ...
Pole Pilots Track and Field Club
www.polepilots.org/
Tucson, Arizona's only Pole Vaulting Club. Home of the former 5A/Overall Arizona Girls State Record Holder and former 4A Girls State Record Holder (see our ...
heatstrokepolevaultclub.com - About the Club
heatstrokepolevaultclub.com/
2700 E. Brown Road Mesa Arizona Club Schedule Session One starting in September and ending in October, is for "ONLY" brand new pole vaulters or (0 - 9 ...
Jerry

bigg24-7
PV Newbie
Expertise: Current College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.01 M
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby bigg24-7 » Thu May 02, 2013 11:13 pm

If you are still looking for a pole give Altius Extreme Vaulting Poles out of Jacksonville TX. They are seriously the cheapest and best poles for that price. The top guys at SFA and Akron are using em and all the state high school vaulters in Texas have been using them for years. You might even be able to talk your coach into restocking your poles they're so cheap. Theyre highest end poles cost just as much as low end UCS and Pacers.

ClintonMagus
PV Whiz
Expertise: Parent of a Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 11-6
Favorite Vaulter: Sam Kendricks

Unread postby ClintonMagus » Sun May 05, 2013 10:20 pm

My daughter uses Pacer Mystics almost exclusively, either fiberglass or carbon. She has an Altius 11-5, 115 that was the first pole she ever jumped on in a meet, and she still has it. After being injured for a season, she started back jumping and she used the Altius to get going again. Her next pole was a Mystic 12-0, 120 but, at the time, she didn't feel comfortable on it, so we bought her an Altius 11-5, 120 as a "transitional" pole. This was probably the best purchase we ever made. Her 11-0 poles were all Skypoles.

She no longer uses any of these poles, but they were great poles for her at the time. She now uses 12-6 and 13-0 Mystic 125 and 130.

I am no pole vault whiz, but I think there is a lot of truth to the claims that Mystic, Skypole, Altius, etc., and made for high school vaulters. My daughter also has a 13-1, 125 Spirit, but says it "feels" completely different than her other poles, so she doesn't really use it right now.

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”