Trying to Help My School

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

Bombshellbell
PV Beginner
Expertise: Current high school vaulter
Lifetime Best: 11ft
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Sergei Bubka

Trying to Help My School

Unread postby Bombshellbell » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Hello im trying to find out what size poles that i would need. I would ask our coach but this is the first real year our school will have pole vaulting and so far we dont have a coach. Last year we had a student pole vault but he knew what pole he was already using so thats what the coach got him. well he is not coming back to our school and last season i was around to watch the pole vaulting. I dont think his poles will work do 2 im new and dont weigh enough his poles were a 13' 145lbs rocket, 13.6' 140lbs skypole and a 14' 140 skypole

But to help Im 5'8 123-127lbs and a fresh man and any help would be appreciated thanks Brandon

coachjvinson
PV Whiz
Expertise: I have never recognized the concept of limits-I think an athlete who accepts limits is dead-Bubka
Lifetime Best: 0
Favorite Vaulter: COOP 4.55m and Mondo

Re: Trying to Help My School

Unread postby coachjvinson » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:26 pm

There is plenty of work that you can do with the poles listed with regards to straight pole vaulting and sand drills- If your looking for a chart for a school to build an inventory from, then Jan Johnsons Skyjumpers has a good chart to build around for a high school inventory - google it and it will come right up - may be a link on the forum somewhere as well
PURSUITOF2016

Bombshellbell
PV Beginner
Expertise: Current high school vaulter
Lifetime Best: 11ft
Favorite Vaulter: Sergei Bubka

Re: Trying to Help My School

Unread postby Bombshellbell » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:21 pm

thanks

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”