Pole Vault Box installed in Gym Floor.

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

volunteer
PV Whiz
Expertise: Parent, Volunteer
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Pole Vault Box installed in Gym Floor.

Unread postby volunteer » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:32 pm

We are looking to build and indoor vault setup. if any of you coaches have a vault box installed in your gymnasium floor and would provide photos of your installation and how It was achieved would be helpful
We are considering a raised runway setup instead, but since we will have to move the pit DAILY we are considering placing vault box under floor and not dealing with runway assembly - disassembly each day.

Thanks in

VaultMarq26
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach,

Re: Pole Vault Box installed in Gym Floor.

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:02 pm

We had it done, but I don't think there is any exact way to do it. About 6 inches under the floor was solid concrete. A hole was cut in the concrete to allow the box depth. A wood frame was constructed and attached to the box. The box would then lay in the hole. We are in the process of getting another one.
Man Up and Jump

superpipe
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, Club Coach, High School Coach, Parent
Favorite Vaulter: Who else, Bubka.

Re: Pole Vault Box installed in Gym Floor.

Unread postby superpipe » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:43 pm

I can build you the ultimate raised runway if you decide to go that route. I assembled this runway and setup and tore down our club pit and standards every practice for 2 years. Honestly, the runway setup and tear down was the easiest part.

http://www.mansfieldathletics.com/pole_ ... unway.html

Chris Mitchell
MitchellPro Vault Club

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”