In the market for a new Pit

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

ssdogg_pv
PV Newbie
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Bjorn Otto

In the market for a new Pit

Unread postby ssdogg_pv » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:51 pm

Hello All,

The local high school that I have been volunteer coaching at is in desperate need of a new pit. They have had a "First Place" pit for the past 13 years and it has finally gotten to the point of no return. I have done a little research and know the price range in which they go for. Is "First Place" a reputable brand that the school should consider again? What manufacturer of pole vault pits that you all have had experience with will exhibit the most "bang for your buck." We do not have much money to begin with so the majority of the funds have been generated through fund raising. We need something that will last as well as having some type of warranty god forbid something happens. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Borntovault
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Club Team Coach
Lifetime Best: 5.25
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud

Re: In the market for a new Pit

Unread postby Borntovault » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:11 am

I have used Gill pits forever and have had no trouble with them. Just like anything you buy, you take good care of it and it will last. All your major brands have guarantees on their equipment. (Gill, UCS, Richey) All of those brands are a ten year limited warranty. What is your schools budget?
Chris Spear

charlie
PV Pro

Re: In the market for a new Pit

Unread postby charlie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:55 pm

Buck Terrel Athletics has a new innovative pit that I designed with a middle section with NO SEAMS and great workmanship!!! No, I get no commissions!!! They just do great work!!!!1-713-673-2577

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”