Pit top pad sliding and ripping

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

Jered63
PV Newbie
Expertise: college sophomore vaulter
Lifetime Best: 16'2"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Sam kendricks

Pit top pad sliding and ripping

Unread postby Jered63 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:08 am

At our high school we have fairly new pole vault pots and they are huge. They are the collegiate gill standard ones but the only problem is the top pad foam ripped under breath the net cover and is hard to fix. Any suggestions?

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Re: Pit top pad sliding and ripping

Unread postby KirkB » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:23 am

Jered63 wrote:At our high school we have fairly new pole vault pots and they are huge. They are the collegiate gill standard ones but the only problem is the top pad foam ripped under breath the net cover and is hard to fix. Any suggestions?

Yikes! I couldn't understand what you're talking about, due to a couple of typos. :confused:

Fixing your typos, I realize now that you're asking:

At our high school we have fairly new pole vault pits and they are huge. They are the collegiate gill standard ones but the only problem is the top pad foam ripped underneath the net cover and is hard to fix. Any suggestions?

Now that we got that out of the way, you're really not giving us much to go on. A pic or vid might help, to see the extent of the damage. Or even a better explanation.

I'm guessing that the net cover is intact, and it's only the foam that's separated (so presumably in clumps)? But this shouldn't be a guessing game. What exactly is the damage? :confused:

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”