Old 13 160 sky pole

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

kwantana
PV Beginner
Expertise: High school Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 12 feet
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Sam Bell

Old 13 160 sky pole

Unread postby kwantana » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:35 pm

So I don't currently have any pictures but today I was rummaging around our schools stash of poles and found a very old sky pole that seems to be in good condition it's dark green and doesn't seem to have any sort of plastic wrapping with a design on it the label says it's a 13 160 (which is currently about what I need) with a 0.00 flex and I have to admit it seems super stiff for a 13 160 but it does bend which is why the 0.00 flex threw me off. I know this is real vauge and it's hard without pictures but I was hoping someone might know something about a pole like this and if I would be good to jump on it. Just for reference I'm currently using a 13 160 Essx which I blow through holding 12,4 quite easily
"Put some swing on it"

sum yung guy
PV Beginner

Re: Old 13 160 sky pole

Unread postby sum yung guy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:39 am

Check it for nicks and cracks. Measure it to see if it has been altered and look for a date of manufacture. For high school it needs a band to indicate maximum hand hold and weight rating.
Pictures would be good.

kwantana
PV Beginner
Expertise: High school Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 12 feet
Favorite Vaulter: Sam Bell

Re: Old 13 160 sky pole

Unread postby kwantana » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:33 pm

I actually figured out its an old training pole! brought it to a bell athletics camp and asked a couple of the guys there, thanks for your input though!
"Put some swing on it"

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”