vaulting spikes?

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

skyhigh0024
PV Beginner

Spikes

Unread postby skyhigh0024 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:26 pm

I think new nike pole vault spikes come out every olympic year. That is just the word on the streets. ;)
No Struggle, No Progress

multicard18
PV Fan

Unread postby multicard18 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:51 pm

i just got the nike LJ/PV shoes and recently vaulted in them for the first time, and i love them. i felt like i got comfort and speed on the runway.

Great Spikes.

keggy
PV Newbie

Unread postby keggy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:30 pm

Does anyone vault in the adidas spikes? I don't here very many people talking about them.

bayouvaulter
PV Nerd

Unread postby bayouvaulter » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:55 pm

i hear Russ Buller does....maybe he can give us some insight on them . Hey Russ how do you rank the adidas vaulting spikes to the nike ones? From what i can tell they seem to work pretty darn good for him
:yes:
There's No Ceiling On Effort!!

SKOT
PV Pro

Unread postby SKOT » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:19 pm

Russ Buller is sponsored by Asics and was jumping in Asics spikes at Nationals :) (or atleast thats what the pictures say)

bayouvaulter
PV Nerd

Unread postby bayouvaulter » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:21 am

yes he is I just realized it and was coming to post correction..my apologies to Russ and Asics!! But I think he's good enough that both should sponsor him !

Thanks SKOT!
There's No Ceiling On Effort!!

pvdad81
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former College vaulter, Masters vaulter, Parent of College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Jonathan Webb

Unread postby pvdad81 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:27 pm

I just received my son's new Nike TJ/PV Zoom Spikes. They came with 2 sets of spikes. One I recognize (1/4" cone shaped) the other set is flat on the sides and blunt on the end. What are they for?

KYSEAMAN
PV Whiz
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 17'10.5
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud

Unread postby KYSEAMAN » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:23 pm

pvdad81 wrote:I just received my son's new Nike TJ/PV Zoom Spikes. They came with 2 sets of spikes. One I recognize (1/4" cone shaped) the other set is flat on the sides and blunt on the end. What are they for?

I believe the flat tip spikes are for the holes in which you do not want a pointy spike...so it is just to fill up the hole. For some people having spikes in all of the holes is not comfortable.

but i might be wrong
Follow me on Twitter @PVSeaman
www.takogrip.com - The ONLY pole vault grip tape.
Knoxville, TN

SKOT
PV Pro

Unread postby SKOT » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:29 pm

Correct! HS limits the number of spikes you can have in each shoe....its a dumb and no one ever checked my spikes(i had 8 in each shoe and i think the rule is 6 per shoe)

JumpinSkiing
PV Nerd

Unread postby JumpinSkiing » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:03 pm

SKOT wrote:Correct! HS limits the number of spikes you can have in each shoe....its a dumb and no one ever checked my spikes(i had 8 in each shoe and i think the rule is 6 per shoe)

Really? I jump in Super Shift's and they have 10 for each. I know I shouldn't be jumping in them and I know you need more heel support, but they work for me and I like them.

bel142
PV Pro
Expertise: Open Post Collegiate, Collegiate Coach, BS - Kinesiology, MEd - Advanced Level Coaching

Unread postby bel142 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:48 am

ALSO, look into where your competing, some places wont let you have plastic spike plates... or with actually spikes in your spikes, if you compete at many places like that, try and get spikes that will be legal.... Nothing like getting to a meet and having to compete in sneakers, it’s a kick in the grill...

I agree with the above, the hardest part about the PV lights is getting them on.... But they are fun to ware…

theczar
PV Follower
Expertise: Coach/Former College Athlete
Lifetime Best: 17'1"

Unread postby theczar » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:12 am

keggy wrote:Does anyone vault in the adidas spikes? I don't here very many people talking about them.

I used Adidas TJ spikes for a couple years, and my only complaint is that they are heavy compared to other spikes. They had great padding, but now that I have the Nike PV spikes, I'm never looking back :D

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”