Jeremy Scully MURDERED - McBride plead down to 23 years

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to the state of Washington

Moderator: Robert schmitt

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon May 12, 2008 3:55 pm

Obituary and Guestbook

http://www.legacy.com/RegisterGuard/Obi ... =109327984

Jeremy Scully
In Memory

Jeremy Scully

1969-2008

Family and friends are mourning the loss of

Jeremy Scully, who died in late April. Jeremy was born in 1969 in Pasadena, California. Jeremy's family moved to Coos Bay, Oregon in 1976, and Jeremy graduated from Marshfield High School in 1988. He had a life-long love of pole vaulting, which began at Marshfield. Jeremy graduated from the University of Oregon in 1993, where he also pole vaulted. After college, Jeremy worked in the computer industry in Eugene, Oregon and then moved to Bellingham, Washington. He made his life in Bellingham as a pole vaulting coach for Ferndale High School in Ferndale, Washington and Western Washington University. He also taught as a substitute at Ferndale. He lived in Bellingham until his death. Services for Jeremy will be held at 10 a.m., May 17 at St. Charles Church in Poulsbo, Washington. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be sent to the Ferndale track team (www.ferndale.wednet.edu/fhs/) or Western Washington University (www.wwu.edu).

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:56 pm

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/18958814.html

Police make third visit to home of Scully's mistress

Story Published: May 14, 2008 at 7:08 PM PDT
Story Updated: May 14, 2008 at 7:08 PM PDT
By KOMO Staff & News Services
SKAGIT COUNTY, Wash. -- Detectives on Wednesday returned to the home that belongs to the family of a woman who claims she had an affair with Jeremy Sully, the Ferndale High School track coach who was found dead.

The Skagit County Sheriff's Department served a warrant for DNA of a man who lives at the house. Deputies also searched the couple's back yard using metal detectors but would not elaborate on what they were looking for.

The man and his wife have both been termed persons of interest in the case, and their home had been searched twice before prior to Wednesday.

Last month detectives uncovered a large amount of ammunition, several guns and computers. They also found a small amount of marijuana.

Scully, 38, disappeared while driving from his Bellingham apartment to the couple's house in Alger. His body was later found near his abandoned car on Blanchard Mountain.

After interviewing the persons of interests, detectives said they do not believe Scully's death was the result of a random crime.

"These are people that we have been terming 'persons of interest,'" Sheriff Will Reichardt said. "They are still persons of interest. No one has gone into custody. We're talking to them and we are just trying to gather more information."

Scully's mistress came forward after his disappearance and after admitting to police that she was having an affair with him, she directed them to his empty apartment. The woman told police said she did not hear from Scully all day on the day he disappeared, which was very unusual.

On the same day, when she called home to let her husband know that she was headed home from work, the woman said he asked her to pick him up at the Squires Lake Trailhead off of Old Highway 99 near the Whatcom County line.

According to police documents, the woman later learned her husband had invited Scully to their home to work on the roof on the day he disappeared. Her husband told police he had communicated with Scully via messages on the Internet.

While being questioned by Bellingham police, the man alluded to the fact that Scully was dead, the documents said.

Reichardt said Sully's body was found Sunday by hikers in a rugged area of Blanchard Mountain, some 200 yards off the main road through thick underbrush. The hikers reported the discovery to a Whatcom County sheriff's deputy who was in the area searching for Scully.

Scully's car was found abandoned on Interstate 5 near Lake Samish, about 8 miles from where the body was located.

An autopsy showed Scully died of a gunshot wound to the head.

Scully coached pole vault at Ferndale High School for eight years. He also worked as a substitute teacher at the school and helped coach pole vaulting at Western Washington University.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:00 pm

http://www.kirotv.com/news/16266258/detail.html

Police Search Home Of 'Persons Of Interest' In Teacher's Slaying

POSTED: 3:25 pm PDT May 14, 2008
UPDATED: 6:45 pm PDT May 14, 2008

BURLINGTON, Wash. -- Multiple police officers searched the home of a Burlington couple who police said are "persons of interest" in the slaying of a Ferndale teacher.
Police said they developed new information that something may be buried in the couple's back yard where they searched with a K-9 unit, metal detectors and shovels for hours Wednesday afternoon. The search is the third at the home.
In addition, a search warrant was served Wednesday on the man who lives in the home for DNA samples such as hair, saliva and skin. He was taken to the police station for collection of the samples.
Police said they needed the samples so they could either continue the investigation or eliminate the man as a person of interest.
Detectives served a search warrant at the couple's home earlier this month in connection with the case of Jeremy Scully, 38, whose body was found in late April on Blanchard Mountain. He had been fatally shot.
Friends told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News Scully was heading to the couple's house on April 24 when he disappeared.
District Court documents obtained by KIRO 7 Eyewitness News show deputies seized marijuana, ammunition, firearms and a computer from the home in the search.
The Bellingham Herald reported that a woman who lives at the home told detectives she had been having an affair with Scully. She said Scully was headed to the home to help the woman's husband fix the roof when he vanished.
Scully was a substitute teacher in the Ferndale School District and also helped coach pole vaulters.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Here is the KIRO7 video from the pole vault memorial/celebration we had on Sunday: http://www.kirotv.com/video/16322805/index.html

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:04 pm

http://westernfrontonline.net/200805201 ... my-scully/

Friends, family remember Jeremy Scully
by Jordan Green
Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A tear runs down Western sophomore Sophia McCloy’s cheek as she hugs pole vaulting teammate freshman Diana Dimarco after McCloy spoke at the memorial service for Jeremy Scully May 18. McCloy was first taught pole vaulting by Scully, who coached her for the next six years. photos by Kathryn Bachen The Western Front
A memorial for Jeremy Sean Scully, the Western assistant pole-vaulting coach who was found dead April 27, was held Sunday at Civic Stadium where friends, family and fellow pole-vaulters gathered to celebrate his life.
The memorial focused on the one aspect of his life that touched so many people: pole-vaulting, Western sophomore Sophia McCloy said.

Pole-vaulters who had worked with Scully came from all over the country and different universities to attend his memorial.

“People kind of came out of the woodwork for the memorial,â€

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:12 pm

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/102/story/425882.html

Investigation continues into Scully murder

CALEB HEERINGA
THE BELLINGHAM HERALD

Skagit County detectives continue to gather evidence in the murder of local track coach Jeremy Scully and are awaiting the results of forensics tests in the case.

Scully, 38, was found shot to death on Blanchard Mountain April 24 after disappearing several days before. Police say they have identified “persons of interestâ€

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Jeremy Scully MURDERED - Memorial Service info posted

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:12 pm

I can't believe this is taking so long...

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/256/story/470044.html

PUBLIC SAFETY
Scully homicide investigation waiting for forensic tests

PETER JENSEN
THE BELLINGHAM HERALD

UPDATED AT 11:29 A.M. -- Skagit County detectives are still investigating the killing of Ferndale High School track coach Jeremy Scully, who was found shot to death on Blanchard Mountain April 24. No arrests have been made.

Detectives are waiting for forensics tests of evidence in the case, which are being done at labs in Marysville and Seattle, said George Johnston, a spokesman with the Washington State Patrol Crime Lab.

Several tests are complete and their results are being analyzed, while other evidence is still being tested. No reports have been issued, Johnston said.

Police have identified several "persons of interest" in the case, and have searched the Alger-area home of Venessa and Kenneth McBride three times.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Jeremy Scully MURDERED - Memorial Service info posted

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:08 am

There was recently a horrible killing spree in the tiny town of Alger (almost certainly unrelated to Scully) and I wondered if there would be any mention of him.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... er05m.html

In less than five months, though, Alger has been stunned by two horrific crimes: In late April, the body of a popular Ferndale high-school track coach was found on nearby Blanchard Mountain and an Alger man is the prime suspect. Salacious talk about online swingers, an extramarital affair and the yet-unsolved homicide had switched back to more mundane topics when alleged gunman Isaac Zamora went on a shooting rampage earlier this week, killing six people — including a Skagit County sheriff's deputy — and injuring four others.

While the death of track coach Jeremy Scully was tragic, he wasn't a local and so, residents say, his killing didn't touch everyone who lives in this borderless, bedroom community surrounded by Bellingham, Burlington and Sedro-Woolley. People were even able to laugh at the television news anchors who mispronounced the name of their community as "Al-gur, Skay-git County."

Back in April, Skagit County detectives began investigating their first homicide of the year after Scully was found dead on Blanchard Mountain, killed by a gunshot to the head. His homicide remains a top priority, said Skagit County Chief Criminal Deputy Will Reichardt.

"He was having an affair with an Alger woman, and our person of interest is the husband of that woman," he said.

No arrests have been made "but we certainly haven't forgotten about that," Reichardt said, explaining detectives are awaiting results from the state crime lab and need time to put their case together before forwarding it to prosecutors.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Jeremy Scully MURDERED - Still no arrests

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:24 pm

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/102/story/730480.html

TRACK COACH SHOT TO DEATH
Track athletes at Ferndale High School and Western Washington University were shocked in late April after coach Jeremy Scully disappeared one day.
Scully’s body was found on Blanchard Mountain several days later. He had been shot to death.
Police searched the Alger home of Venessa and Kenneth McBride three times, but no arrests have been made.
The investigation into his death is continuing, said Chief Criminal Deputy Will Reichardt of the Skagit County Sheriff’s Office.
Some evidence in the case has been turned over to the Sheriff’s Office and prosecutors, and some continues to be processed at a Washington State Patrol Crime Lab, spokesman George Johnston said.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Jeremy Scully MURDERED - Finally an arrest!

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:01 pm

http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/ ... c03e1.html

Charges filed in murder of Ferndale HS coach

03:42 PM PDT on Wednesday, March 11, 2009
KING5.com Staff

Jeremy Scully
MOUNT VERNON, Wash. – An Oregon man was charged Wednesday in the murder of Ferndale, Wash. high school teacher and coach found dead on Blanchard Mountain last year.

The Skagit County Sheriff’s Office says Kenneth McBride is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 38-year-old Jeremy Scully. He was arrested without incident at his home in Lebanon, Ore. His home was searched but police are not releasing what they have found.

Scully, an assistant track coach at Ferndale High School, was found dead on Blanchard Mountain near Alger in late April 2008. He had been shot in the head, and detectives said the shooting apparently occurred in the area where he was found.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:45 pm

http://www.komonews.com/news/41118967.html

Man arrested in murder of Ferndale track coach

Story Published: Mar 11, 2009 at 4:15 PM PDT
Story Updated: Mar 11, 2009 at 4:22 PM PDT
By KOMO Staff
MOUNT VERNON -- A man has been arrested for investigation of first degree murder in the death of an assistant track coach at Ferndale High School last April.

Kenneth McBride now stands accused of murdering Jeremy Scully on April 25.

Scully, 38, disappeared while driving from his Bellingham apartment to a friend's house in Alger on April 25th.

His body was found April 27th by hikers in a rugged area of Blanchard Mountain. The hikers reported the discovery to a Whatcom County sheriff's deputy who was in the area searching for Scully. He had been shot in the head.

Scully's car was found abandoned on the 26th on Interstate 5 near Lake Samish, about 8 miles from where the body was located the next day. Bellingham Police Department spokesman Lt. Steve Felmley said last April there were no signs of foul play at the scene where the car was left, with its door ajar and keys in the ignition.

McBride, his wife and new baby had moved to Lebanon, Ore. Once investigators had enough evidence to arrest him, he was placed into custody just outside his home early Wednesday morning.

More details to follow.

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Finally some good news today
An optimist is one who sees a light in darkness....a pessimist blows it out.

Return to “Washington”