Summer Pole Vaulting in Bellingham

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to the state of Washington

Moderator: Robert schmitt

chasing6
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former Collegiate Vaulter, Post-Collegiate Vaulter, Coach (all-levels), Die-Hard Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.23m

Summer Pole Vaulting in Bellingham

Unread postby chasing6 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Bellingham Parks and Rec will be offering numerous opportunities to vault this summer at Civic Stadium, all starting in June. Here's all the pertinent info:

Weekly Pole Vault Instruction
June 8-Aug 26
Tuesdays and Thursdays
5-6:15 and 6:15-7:30
Ages 10 and up

Cost: $70 for one session per week (12 practices, either Tues. or Thurs) or $120 for two (24 practices, Tues. and Thurs.) for the WHOLE SUMMER.

We have lots of poles for you to progress and we will be covering all aspects of the vault. This is the perfect opportunity to hone your skills in the off season. All abilities are welcome, and first timer's are encouraged!

Weekly All-Comer's Meets
Mondays, June 14-Aug 30
Meet at 6:00, Vault bars go up at 6:30
Cost: $4 per person, season passes available for $30 or $90 for families.
All ages welcome to compete, must be able to clear 5' to vault.

Although the meet is geared more toward youth the pole vault will be out in full force. We run two pits with starting heights around 5' and 10' depending on who comes. Since we have two pits the we rarely see more than 12-15 vaulters per pit, so don't worry about 35 vaulters trying to compete on the same runway. :confused: Please bring your own poles, as our poles will be available only for those who are part of the practice sessions during the summer. These meets are a great way to get some friendly competition in and, dare I say, try some other events. :yes:

For more info visit http://www.trithecookie.com/pages/all_comers_track_field.html

It's going to be a great summer of vaulting up here in NW Washington! If you have any questions feel free to PM me or contact me via my website in my signature, or you can call Bellingham Parks and Rec at 778-7000 to sign up. Hope to see you this summer!
Whether you believe you can or cannot, you're right.

http://www.fiveringsproject.org

Return to “Washington”