2010 San Marcos River Vault

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Texas

Moderator: achtungpv

lonestar
PV Lover

2010 San Marcos River Vault

Unread postby lonestar » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

belmore
PV Pro

Re: 2010 San Marcos River Vault

Unread postby belmore » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Kris, so glad this event is back on. This is a must do for pole vaulters, just a great way to have fun and jump.
compete and jump safe, have fun

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

What A blast for all!

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Thanks Kris of Lone Star PV
The 2010 San Marcos river Vault was a real success!
All had fun all enjoyed a relaxed in the shade, by the river, no pressure fun in the park 2 pit event!
There were a lot of pole vaulters and a lot of audience to watch too!
You talk about support from the audience all where enjoying the event.
They had burgers and dogs on the grill! A drawing for two Altius Poles, a few pole pockets!
I even donated 4 of my new pole vault crossbars ORANGE and told all to try and break these grin!
They were made like the ones I designed for the 1996 Olympics frankly it was fun seeing all try to break them!
So Kris did they last?
I had broken my foot last week in three places so it was funny seeing me walk around with a cane!
I had Talked the wife into driving me down to the event just to see the vaulter's jump and have fun!
I had a whole day of seeing vaulter's while the wife went shopping for 8 hours!
At the end of the event my wife and I jumped in the river it was cold and very refreshing!
This is an event not to miss next year boy was it fun!
SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR OK?

Bruce Caldwell
Last edited by Bruce Caldwell on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:56 pm

Thanks Bruce, but the real thanks should go to Britni Holland, the Meet Coordinator for the River Vault this year. I passed the baton to her and she really ran with it! Also couldn't pull this off without my other right-hand man Blake Luther, as well as all the terrific parents of both current and former Lone Star Vaulters who pitched in on setup, teardown, registration, concessions, t-shirts, merchandise, and bartending. Don't forget about the wonderful sponsors who donated everything from water to food to cash. Lastly, to all the vaulters and parents, and friends, and families who came out, thanks to all for making this the biggest, best, River Vault ever! Hope to see y'all and many more next year! 3 runways and pits????? :idea:
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

invert07
PV Nerd

Unread postby invert07 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:40 pm

Thanks to both kris and britt!! The meet was a blast! Any news kris on when results and photos (if any) will be
posted? Thanks again! Can't wait for this event next year!
sic 'em!!

Today, talent alone is not enough.

-sergey bubka-

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:12 pm

I forget to also thank Brian Elmore and Randy Tomasini, as well as Marc Herns for officiating all day long. These guys sat out there hour after hour in the hot sun keeping the runways flowing and moving the meet along. No injuries and lots of pr's! Thanks guys!

Joe, hope to get results all typed up and posted tomorrow on PVP and on our website in the next few days. Thanks!

Kris

BritDawg
PV Whiz
Expertise: Club Coach, Former High School Vaulter, Former College Vaulter, Current Vaulter

Unread postby BritDawg » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:44 am

I'm sooooo glad that everyone had a great time! It was definitely the biggest one yet with over 160 vaulters and probably 400ish spectators throughout the day! It was great seeing everyone and watching a lot of awesome jumping! We'll definitely need 3 pits and runways next year! :yes:
Isaiah 40:31

swtvault
PV Pro
Expertise: Part time semi elite vaulter--5.35 season best in 2009
Lifetime Best: 5.52

Unread postby swtvault » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:26 am

I always loved the river vault. One of the coolest meets ever. If I decided to return to pole vaulting for the 23rd time I will jump there next year. I am little inspired right now--the recent death of one of Americas greatest men, John Wooden, got my blood pumping again when I was reading some of his aphorisms today:

"Dont give up on your dreams, or they will give up on you."

"It is what you learn after you know it all that counts."

"Ability is a poor mans wealth."

"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful."

I truly believe that Wooden was one of the greatest people to ever walk this green earth. For those who have not heard of Wooden, he won 10 national titles in basketball at UCLA during the 60's and 70's. No doubt one of the greatest coaches ever.
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties.

Stockdale Paradox

Return to “Texas”