#letJadein

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

VaultPurple
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach, Pole Vault Addict
Favorite Vaulter: Greg Duplantis

Re: #letJadein

Unread postby VaultPurple » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:10 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:Jade is getting on a plane now. The only NCAA issue is if her school pays for her trip and she's not in the meet. Her parents bought her a ticket, so there are no issues there.

She doesn't have her poles, but I am sure with 27 other girls jumping, someone will have something she can borrow if needed.

Since she was let into the meet Thursday night I do not think it would be a NCAA violation anymore if the team paid for it. Even if she has been DQd, she is still part of the meet, and has the right to protest, which is still part of the meet. Schools take athletes to meets all the time that get DQd or miss sign ups for their events and get scratched out of everything. USATF almost welcomes protest now as even with false start rules you can still get in the blocks and run under protest.

midnght333
PV Newbie
Expertise: parent
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Mandissa Marshall

Unread postby midnght333 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:49 pm

Please help support Mandissa as well @USATrack_Field #letmandissain Thank you everyone for your support.

SlickVT
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post-Collegiate Vaulter, College Coach, High School Coach

Unread postby SlickVT » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:02 pm

USATF doesn't care about twitter. Why waste time with twitter? have a lawyer give them a call immediately. that would definitely accomplish more than a few hash tags will.
Vertical Technique Pole Vault Club
Blacksburg, Virginia
verticaltechnique.com

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Jade showed me the email she got from Sue Humphrey. It basically told her it was her own fault for not constantly checking the USATF website to see if her status had changed.

So as far as USATF is concerned, if they grant an appeal that affects athletes not making the appeal, they have no obligation to tell anyone anything. It even says this on the website: "Results of appeals will show on the Status of Entries page. No other notice will be given."

But that's not even relevant here. Other people tipped off Jade and her coach that this was going on, so they WERE checking that page. I don't know what time the final decision was reached, but the page was not updated until after 8pm Pacific (11pm eastern) with the competition starting at 5:30 the next day (so you'd physically have to be in Eugene by about 3pm at the latest to get credentialed and checked in and warmed up).

Here's what I don't get... the athlete was ACCEPTED into the meet, with insufficient notice to travel to Eugene in time. They were on the start lists the officials had. That round was cancelled.

I have not actually seen anywhere that they were DQd. That's not the language that's being used by USATF. They're just saying only the athletes who checked in will be allowed to advance. So it doesn't seem to fall under competition rules, it seems to fall under arbitrary decision made by the women's committee.

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Seeing that Humphreys was involved explains a lot. She used to coach at UC Davis and was pompous even before she got to USATF.

SkyRice
PV Newbie

Unread postby SkyRice » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:04 pm

They must give a chance to her to compete in the trial! They must consider geographical situation for this last minutes invitation. Athlete made it to Eugene in time for the trial and she doesn't need this nonsense. Let her compete! She could be one of the athletes who can bring a medal to USA!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Jade and Mandissa are currently appearing on the start list. http://www.usatf.org/events/2012/Olympi ... st26-2.htm

I screen capped it in case they get taken off.

As far as I know, the intent of the women's committee is still to not let them in, but hopefully this start list situation helps change things. I don't know how many more times USATF can screw this situation up.

Vaultref
PV Pro
Expertise: Master USATF official .. Vertical jumps specialty
Lifetime Best: zero feet

Unread postby Vaultref » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm working the meet.. they are not on the startlist we have. Only 27 are listed.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Vaultref wrote:I'm working the meet.. they are not on the startlist we have. Only 27 are listed.

Thanks, yeah I see that it is now updated.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Here is the picture of the startlist with Mandissa and Jade included. This is as of two hours ago. Both girls saw this and thought it meant they were in the meet. USATF has repeately emphasized that athletes need to check the website for updates, that that's where the current information will be.

startlist.tiff
(559 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby Bubba PV » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Today I posted on your FB today that Jade was listed on the start list. She immediately asked me to show her the link and I copy/pasted both the link and also her listing as the #5 athlete on the list. So this had to be taken down later in the day TODAY, because I sent that just before 4 PM Pacific. Bubba
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby Bubba PV » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:44 pm

I just checked and she is still on the start list at 7:44 PDT Saturday - http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calendar/ ... sults.aspx
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”