Survey of coaches views.

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
altius
PV Rock Star

Re: Survey of coaches views.

Unread postby altius » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:50 am

I am sure you will all be pleased to learn that Kurtis set a new pb of 4.95m on saturday. Very unlucky to miss 5.05 - World junior qualifying - might even make Eugene this summer. His great buddy Declan also had a pr- of 4.80m. At 16 they are looking good.
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:10 am

I am sure you will all be happy to learn that tonight 16 year old Kurtis jumped 5.05 -a world junior qualifier - so you might possibly see him in Oregon this year. Has to finish in the top 2 at out junior nationals and repeat 5.05 before he will be picked, Hope he is because he will eligible next time round in 2016. :D

grandevaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: Three year highschool vaulter 1978-80. Now coaching highschoolers and competing in masters.
Lifetime Best: 11'
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Timothy Mack

Unread postby grandevaulter » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:01 pm

altius wrote:I am sure you will all be happy to learn that tonight 16 year old Kurtis jumped 5.05 -a world junior qualifier
:yes:

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:38 am

Those of you who contributed to Kurtis's survey will be happy to learn that he jumped 5.00m today and had three good shots at 5.15. :D

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:07 pm

I am sure those of you who helped Kurtis Marshall with his survey will be pleased to know that he has been selected for the Australian team for the World Junior Championships in Eugene in July this year. He was pretty lucky that the selection committee had gone back to the original idea of using this meet as part of a development process - not a mini Olympics because Kurtis virtually bombed in our national juniors. No height in the Under 18 event and 5th with 4.85 m in the Under 20. But he has jumped the 5.05 standard this year and will be eligible in 2016 where we hope he will be competitive - this year he is obviously only going for the experience.

However the good news -no, great news! is that his training partner Declan Caruthers won the Under 18 title at 4.85m and has been selected for the team to go to the IAAF World Youth Games in China in August. I realise that these performances cannot compare with those of the USA but they are pretty good for a squad that at the moment has less that fifteen vaulters in Adelaide. Anyway we are all happy - incidentally they have both improved over one metre in the last sixteen months. :D :D :D :D

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Tue May 06, 2014 8:35 am

Another appeal for funding - Kurtiss has got to find $3500 to meet his expenses to the World Juniors in Eugene. If there are any folk out there prepared to make a donation of some kind here is the info. :heart: :D We are dunning all of our old vaulters cause it is a lot of money to find. :yes:

http://www.gofundme.com/8bf6q8

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”