Pacer One Review

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

Chaebo
PV Fan
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Assistant Coach
Lifetime Best: 15'6
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Pacer One Review

Unread postby Chaebo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:14 pm

It's that time of year again! And with it comes the need for new equipment. About two weeks ago I was searching a catalog to discover the new Pacer ONE. Which is much more affordable AND comes with a larger variety of poles for the beginners which I am highly impressed and excited about btw. Especially for my Jr. high vaulters who typically range from 70 - 90 lbs.

But, I am also curious about the quality of these poles for the better vaulters ranging 14+ for boys and 10+ ft for the girls.

Does anyone have any info, experience, or knowledge of these poles? If so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share.

Nards
PV Wannabe
Expertise: Coach
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Hooker

Re: Pacer One Review

Unread postby Nards » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:44 pm

I bought 20 of them not long ago. So far I am very pleased with them. I expected them to be bigger or heavier than the other lines and I found that sometimes they are actually smaller at the same length and flex range as the other line of poles. Ive had no complaints from my athletes, and some even prefer them. All in all, after using them I cannot overstate the value that this line would be to the coaches who are on a budget. I am set to get another 10 this month.

bpcooper14
PV Newbie
Expertise: college coach
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Unread postby bpcooper14 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Does anyone else have an input about these? I'm possibly ordering 5-6. We're on a limited budget and these look like a great "bang for your buck" kind of pole. What would you say they are comparable to?

Borntovault
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Club Team Coach
Lifetime Best: 5.25
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud

Unread postby Borntovault » Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am

All the kids that I have talked to that have used them, love them. From what I can see they bend great and are very durable. I have bought 5 myself that will be delivered any day now. As soon as I start coaching with them and seeing them all day everyday I will let you know what I think. I only got the 10' models for beginners. I already had 11' and up so my review will just be for the beginner vaulters.
Chris Spear

Borntovault
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Club Team Coach
Lifetime Best: 5.25
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud

Unread postby Borntovault » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:34 pm

I just got mine in and my beginners love them. Great starter poles for beginner kids. I don't know if I would get them past 11' or 12' because I think they would be heavier than other options that I currently have (skypole,pacer fx, or carbon), but I think that they are great for the bottom of anyone's club or school series.
Chris Spear

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”