vaulting in movies

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

IAmTheWalrus
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Current College Coach, Aspiring to be Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.06m

Re: vaulting in movies

Unread postby IAmTheWalrus » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:41 am

In the TV show The Venture Brothers, Brock Sampson hits a guard in the face with a steel pole and then pole vaults over a fence.
-Nick

mcobb1013
PV Beginner
Expertise: Current High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 13

Unread postby mcobb1013 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:04 pm

in kung fu panda the panda tries to pole vault over a wall to see the dragon warrior get picked but he ends up getting thrown backwards. sadly i have seen a guy really get thrown backwards like that before =]
**kick the sky**

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:48 pm

In the Four Musketeers some dude executes a pretty darn good vault to get up a wall.

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:43 am

Good morning

I think I remember a “vault” over a castle gate in the old Black and White version of “The Magnificent Seven” ? with Charlton Heston. Heston may have done his own stunt. Maybe the movie name is correct maybe, maybe not, not sure but it was 50’s black and white and he ran up from the “bridge” and vaulted over a gate. Don't know if the "gate" was balsa wood but heard he did his own stunt.

Also not sure but Tony Dow may have vaulted in “Leave it to Beaver”, he did vault in high school.

dj

somodat
PV Newbie
Expertise: 8th Grade
Lifetime Best: 12'
Favorite Vaulter: none

Unread postby somodat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:18 am

The movie is an Independent and it's called Visioneers from 2007. You can watch it on Netflix. It stars Zach Galifianakis and there's a vaulting scene in the middle and then a scene where they get all philosophical about life, politics and of course pole vaulting later in the movie when the vaulter and Zach are sitting on tree stumps outside the camp.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:52 am

somodat wrote:The movie is an Independent and it's called Visioneers from 2007. You can watch it on Netflix. It stars Zach Galifianakis and there's a vaulting scene in the middle and then a scene where they get all philosophical about life, politics and of course pole vaulting later in the movie when the vaulter and Zach are sitting on tree stumps outside the camp.

Yes!! Such a good movie. I recently watched it for the first time. The director is a former UCLA pole vaulter, Jared Drake, who is originally from the greater Seattle area. The vaulter who is the stunt double in the movie is Seth Perrins.

I also :heart: the movie because it has two actors from Almost Live in it :heart: :heart:

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:23 pm

This is an old post but I just found this on You tube. Now you younger folks won't have any idea what this show was. It was on in the 50's. It was called Circus Boy and it starred Micky Dolenz a few years before he became "Mickey" the drummer in the 60's band The Monkeys. Anyway, watch this clip and right at 59 seconds you will see some pole vaulting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxSLww4mw6w.

ras
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Fan, Parent
Favorite Vaulter: Tye Harvey

Unread postby ras » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:42 am

Eddie the Eagle

Return to “Pole Vault - General”