Men's National Records

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

roger/over
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; University Coach; Masters Vaulter; PV Stats
Lifetime Best: 4.60 at 44
Favorite Vaulter: Stacy Dragila

Men's National Records

Unread postby roger/over » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:37 pm

NATIONAL OUTDOOR POLE VAULT RECORDSâ€â€

BethelPV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post Collegiate Vaulter, High School Coach
Favorite Vaulter: Billy Olson

question...

Unread postby BethelPV » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:21 pm

how can Dmitri Markov own the National Record for both Australia and that other country, Belaraus I believe it was...Did he set the record at Belaraus, and then become a citizen of Australia and set that National Record? Just curious how that works...
Vault with a purpose... Vault for God!!

lonestar
PV Lover

Re: question...

Unread postby lonestar » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:41 am

BethelPV wrote:how can Dmitri Markov own the National Record for both Australia and that other country, Belaraus I believe it was...Did he set the record at Belaraus, and then become a citizen of Australia and set that National Record? Just curious how that works...

Yep, that´s what he did. Now I hear he trains in the U.S. in Phoenix, go figure.
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

vaultmom
PV Fan

Unread postby vaultmom » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:29 am

yes that is what he did. He spent years training with Alan Laundis who was the national coach in Australia . I would be interested to know if he is still in Phoenix... anyone know ?
Bob's Mom
Raise the bar

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:54 pm

He was here for awhile, last thing that i've heard is that he is no longer here... not 100% though
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”