hello

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to the state of Washington

Moderator: Robert schmitt

AmyPoleVault
PV Fan

hello

Unread postby AmyPoleVault » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:30 pm

hey for those who don't know me.... I'm Amy. I'm from Bellevue, WA; but I am at school in Idaho. I don't get to vault in college which makes me sad, but it will be ok. I went to Interlake high school! woo-hoo for us cool Interlake vaulters. I love my coach Charlie, he is awesome. but anyway... I thought I would start a convo just about how cool pole vaulters are. So I'm here at school, I have met a few kids who vault. I didn't know these kids very well, but we talked and talked for hours. No only is pole vaulting the best sport ever, but it's a great way to meet people. I guess we are just cool. if you have any feelings on this topic tell me about it :) ...and I love all my cool vaulting friends! and I miss you all!!
When the hurdles in life get to high... grab a pole

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:21 pm

Pole vaulters are indeed some of the coolest people. Even former vaulters ;)

When I was at Florida I met my teammate Kirstin, while I was just walking down the road with my pole. And my ex-boyfriend's roommate last year used to be a pole vaulter and he is really cool.

And of course most of my friends back home are vaulters :) I have even influenced a few people into vaulting! Most of you know Lori (who still needs to join, HINT HINT). My best friend in HS did gymnastics with her at Hale, and I used to hang out there... one time I was telling them how cool pole vaulting was... and Lori started jumping that track season :D hehe

I have also found that pole vaulters in the NW happen to be particularly cool and friendly. I think it is because we all go to camps and meets and even clubs together. Most everyone is super nice :)

nzsprinter
PV Nerd

Yep indeedie

Unread postby nzsprinter » Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:16 pm

I agree all the vaulters that i have meet in my short career in the NW are friendly pole vaulters are the bestest (hehe) people and also nicest. I've had a lot of fun this year vaulting in washington, too bad everyone's good!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Yep indeedie

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:21 pm

nzsprinter wrote:I agree all the vaulters that i have meet in my short career in the NW are friendly pole vaulters are the bestest (hehe) people and also nicest. I've had a lot of fun this year vaulting in washington, too bad everyone's good!

Haha what would Christina say if she saw you writing bestest ;)

nzsprinter
PV Nerd

hehehe

Unread postby nzsprinter » Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:26 pm

She wouldn't care i write bestest all the time, she knows i've created a dictionary with my own words hehehe :P .Sometimes best doesn't describe it so there is bestest, there are many more words in my dictionary but you just have to find out! :P

xtremevaulter

Whats wrong

Unread postby xtremevaulter » Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:51 pm

What the heck is wrong with Bestest. I use stuff like that all the time. Like suposibly

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:21 pm

You two are special that's for sure O:-)

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower
Expertise: College coach
Lifetime Best: 17’1”
Favorite Vaulter: Toby

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:50 am

One thing that I love about pole vaulting is how everyone is willing to help everyone else. You can meet another pole vaulter at a track meet and hit it off right away. No fighting, no dirty looks, always somone there to help. It's an awsome sport. Seariously pole vaulters are some of the nicest people in the world!!!!! I love being a vaulter!!!!
Just fly high, and KISS THE SKY!!!

cardinalred
PV Newbie

Re: hehehe

Unread postby cardinalred » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:44 pm

nzsprinter wrote:She wouldn't care i write bestest all the time, she knows i've created a dictionary with my own words hehehe :P .Sometimes best doesn't describe it so there is bestest, there are many more words in my dictionary but you just have to find out! :P

hehe yeah, I don't care...i use bestest as well...and when i "get irritated" by poor grammar, I'm usually joking...hehehe...usually...hehehe...I've started my own dictionary, too...christina's dictionary of words that don't exist, but really should. <--(that's the title) :P

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:27 pm

cardinalred wrote:hehe yeah, I don't care...i use bestest as well...and when i "get irritated" by poor grammar, I'm usually joking...hehehe...usually...hehehe...I've started my own dictionary, too...christina's dictionary of words that don't exist, but really should. <--(that's the title) :P

You two have your own dictionaries... that's so cute... or something ;) :P

cardinalred
PV Newbie

Unread postby cardinalred » Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:13 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:You two have your own dictionaries... that's so cute... or something ;) :P

hehe yeah...or something...:P but seriously, sometimes you need words that don't exist to make things interesting...or something like that...:P

nzsprinter
PV Nerd

yeah

Unread postby nzsprinter » Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:15 pm

sometimes you want to express something but there is no words for it, like what i say to christina, because she's worth more than those "usual" words

Return to “Washington”