Kayla Held advances to regionals (IN)

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio.

Moderator: ashcraftpv

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Kayla Held advances to regionals (IN)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:59 am

http://www.dailycitizen.com/articles/20 ... ntrack.txt

Stevens, Weddle, Held advance to regionals

By Paul Wilcoxen, Sports Editor

BLOOMINGTON - White River Valley junior Kayla Held pushes herself over the bar set at nine feet six inches Tuesday during the pole vault at the Bloomington North Sectional. Held advanced to the Bedford North Lawrence Regional with a second place showing. Held's mark of 9-6 is a new school record in the event.
BLOOMINGTON - When it comes to small schools like Bloomfield, Eastern Greene, and White River Valley, competing at the track and field sectional can be an uphill battle with the likes of Bloomington North and Bloomington South prowling in the horizon.

Although the three Greene County track teams might not win a team sectional within the current format set down by the IHSAA, each individual is given an opportunity to advance to next Tuesday's regional, and that's exactly what occurred for Eastern Greene's Lindsey Stevens, White River Valley's Kayla Held, and Bloomfield's Elyse Weddle during the Bloomington North Sectional held Tuesday.

“I was so nervous,â€Â

Return to “Heartland Region”