Jeremy Brading Article (IN)

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio.

Moderator: ashcraftpv

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Jeremy Brading Article (IN)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:47 pm

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... 7/SPORTS02

Pole vaulter has bright future

By Mark Ambrogi
mark.ambrogi@indystar.com

It has been a memorable spring sports season for Brownsburg, The Bulldogs are still alive in quests for state titles in baseball, softball and golf. The girls tennis team won its sectional and wound up ranked 13th in the state poll.

The boys track and field team had its moment, too. Jeremy Brading flirted with giving the Bulldogs just their second boys state champion, according to coach Bret Neylon. The junior took second in the pole vault with a school-record 15 feet, 9 inches at the state meet last week.

"He almost had 16 (feet), which he missed by probably an inch," Neylon said. "That would have got him the state title."

Lawrence North's Dorrian White won with the same height as Brading, who had more misses.

"When he cleared 15-9, it was probably the best jump he's ever had because he cleared by a good few inches," Neylon said.

Brading placed 10th at 14 feet in the state meet in 2004.

"As much as he keeps improving, it's pretty amazing," Neylon said.

He said Brading could improve even more with additional time in the weight room and practice.

"He was injured most of this season with bad shin splints," Neylon said. "If we can get him more practice and in the weight room, I could see improving quite a bit more next year, too."

Neylon said Brading plans to be a college pole vaulter.

"He definitely is looking for a scholarship and hopes to compete at a Division I school that has a good vaulting program," Neylon said.

Return to “Heartland Region”