Indiana Pole Vault Done?

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio.

Moderator: ashcraftpv

wayupthere
PV Whiz

Indiana Pole Vault Done?

Unread postby wayupthere » Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:40 pm

Here's an article I read today in the newspaper

-------
POLE VAULT DONE? The IHSAA is considering doing away with the pole vault in its state tournament series. The cost of the new required landing pit is so high that the event has already been canceled by some schools and at least one conference.
-------

All I know is that when people get word of this they are going to get pissed off! Supposedly they'll have the pole vault up in till sectional, regional, and state. The state meet has no problem with the pits but some people's sectional and regional may not have the pits. After all this crap to get girls pole vault in Indiana and they're talkin about doing away with the event!? I guess maybe they could have a qualifying height from the season to go to state. I dunno all I know is that something has to be done.
hmmmm

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:26 pm

sounds like propaganda from an opponent of the vault to me. no one in their right mind at the IHSAA would just drop the pole vault, especially after OKing it for the girls this year. Who wrote the article? What paper did it appear in? Papers are only going to print what they want you to read. There would be WAY too many lawsuits in the IHSAA's lap if they dropped the vault.
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

wayupthere
PV Whiz

Unread postby wayupthere » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:18 pm

ashcraftpv wrote:sounds like propaganda from an opponent of the vault to me. no one in their right mind at the IHSAA would just drop the pole vault, especially after OKing it for the girls this year. Who wrote the article? What paper did it appear in? Papers are only going to print what they want you to read. There would be WAY too many lawsuits in the IHSAA's lap if they dropped the vault.

The Hoosier Times, by Rex Kirts. I dunno Kirts has never seemed to dislike pole vault because he did so many articles back in the past and had a lot of pics of my dad from high school in there unless over the past 20 years hes decided he doesnt like PV. I dont know. All i know is that the girl and her family who sued the IHSAA to get girls PV in Indiana will have a fit. I think that they are trying to make it a process to get the whole event dropped for good. First all these new rules and the new regulations pits, getting rid of it for tournament series. This way coaches will put athletes in other events that will score points for them in sectional and regional. I see them as making it a process. IHSAA has been trying to get rid of the event for a few years now so I've heard
hmmmm

Oldcoach
PV Nerd

Unread postby Oldcoach » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:18 pm

Rumor at this years state meet was that the girls vault is not a done deal in Indiana for next year. From what I heard, the IHSAA won't sanction the girls for next year if the lawsuit already filed is not further pursued.

wayupthere
PV Whiz

Unread postby wayupthere » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:00 pm

Oldcoach wrote:Rumor at this years state meet was that the girls vault is not a done deal in Indiana for next year. From what I heard, the IHSAA won't sanction the girls for next year if the lawsuit already filed is not further pursued.

Old Coach, what school do you coach at?
hmmmm

Oldcoach
PV Nerd

Unread postby Oldcoach » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:27 am

McCutcheon High School -- Lafayette

wayupthere
PV Whiz

Unread postby wayupthere » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:49 am

Oldcoach wrote:McCutcheon High School -- Lafayette

cool I just finished my freshman year. I'm from Bloomington North. I was up at the state meet down next 2 the vault the whole time. Didn't get kicked out though. :D I forget which vaulter was yours though there was a lot of guys and a lot of uniforms and a lot of rain.
hmmmm

OUvaulterUSAF
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter and then some
Lifetime Best: 5.27m
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby OUvaulterUSAF » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:42 pm

What state is the USATF headquarters located again? Any ideas?

Looks like that type of entity has no pull in their home state.

Return to “Heartland Region”