Near Jesse James Hideout is a better hideout for vaulters

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

Near Jesse James Hideout is a better hideout for vaulters

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:43 am

Near Jesse James Hideout is an even better hideout for vaulters
YES less than a mile from Jesse James Farm Hide-out in Kearney Missouri is where the stash of Gold for Pole-vaulters is hidden for those who vault in the KCMO surrounding area.

Todd Cooper NCAA Medalist premier 18’+ vaulter and expert lives near the Jesse James Farms in Kearney Missouri with an indoor facility near his parents home with two pits and many neat training devices.

I had the honor of visiting his Meca facility this past weekend and I wished we had that facility back when I was coaching and workng with the many vaulters in the KCMO area in the 80’s.

Rubberized runways 21 foot ceiling, Large Elite built custom by Mark Hinz of Elite Just vault Pole vault pit. Ropes, high bar, flex machine, and many training devices including one I was impressed with. The Todd Cooper Pole Resistance Training Simulator, that would help you too build a better stance and proper posture when planting the pole.

There was rope vaulting, and racks of various brand poles, even some oldies but goodies on the racks LoL. NO ESSX POLES YET!!!! But it was great to see some of my old FiberSport poles still working.

Not only is there this special indoor facility, you have Premier vaulter Todd Cooper available to assist and coach your vaulters in the correct direction for proper vaulting and progression.
If you are in the KANSAS or MISSOURI area you need to contact Todd Cooper as screen name NATDOG on this site to make arrangements for his expert coaching and help in the Pole vault.
Bring your poles out have them flexed and he will guide you to selecting the next proper progression, a must for those who do not want to waste money on the wrong size pole.

I deem Todd Cooper as Mr. Pole Vault for KANSAS and MISSOURI in and around Kansas City my old stomping grounds.

Thanks Todd for your contributions back to the SPORT!!!!!!!!!
I love the PV, it is in my DNA

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:52 pm

My son Brian has attended many camps that Coach Cooper has hosted over the past several years. Not only has my son had the opportunity to learn from one of the best vaulters in the midwest, this excelent coach/teacher has the ability to relate to EVERY level of vaulter, beginner or college athlete that attends his sessions. These sessions are always positive, well-run, and FUN. I would highly recommend this camp to anyone who is serious about learning the sport of pole vaulting. I consider Todd not only a very positive roll model for my teenage son, but also a GREAT COACH, CARRING FATHER, AND GOOD FRIEND.

Thanks again Todd,
Dennis and Brian

natdog
PV Wannabe

Unread postby natdog » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:17 am

Thanks for the kind words Guy's.
Bruce I enjoyed the visit!
run high and hold fast

Return to “North and Central Regions”