2014 Jammin' & Jumpin' Street Vault

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
smtrackclub
PV Fan

2014 Jammin' & Jumpin' Street Vault

Unread postby smtrackclub » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:11 am

The 8th annual Jammin' & Jumpin' Street Vault is on August 8th & 9th.
For details visit http://www.smtrackclub.com

Gary_vaulter
PV Fan
Expertise: HS/MS Coach, 81' HS State_Champ, Parent, Master's PR - 10'8" in June 2015
Lifetime Best: 13'3"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren

Re: 2014 Jammin' & Jumpin' Street Vault

Unread postby Gary_vaulter » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:29 pm

I just wanted to note to the vaulting community what a great event this was!
As a guy who is trying to get back into vaulting and is pretty much working by himself all the time, it is easy to find yourself feeling like an "outsider" but the atmosphere here was very friendly and supportive. I had elite vaulters offering me helpful coaching and even though I was vaulting with guys way out of my league, the crowd still cheered for me as much as them!
I also felt that separating out the Master division and letting us vault by ourselves was a nice touch. It gave the event more of a relaxed feel and not having to jump in the heat of the day is a big help for those of us who may only have about 6 or 7 good jumps in us to start with. :)

I stuck around to watch two groups of the younger vaulters Saturday morning. I had only planned on watching for about an hour before I hit the road but ended up staying much longer. Just too much fun to leave.

If you are looking for a street vault and are within a days drive, I recommend keeping an eye out for this event next year. The location is easy to get to, the venue is scenic, the crowd is great and the runway is fast !

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”