Katherine Hendricks Sets Class A Record (IL)

A forum to discuss anything related to Illinois

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Katherine Hendricks Sets Class A Record (IL)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon May 23, 2005 8:00 pm

http://www.mariondaily.com/articles/200 ... orts07.txt

Local Sports

Hendricks sets state pole vault record

CHARLESTON -- After two failed attempts at tying the state Class A pole vault record, Carterville sophomore Katherine Hendricks went to a longer pole, took a few steps back and launched herself.

Hendricks not only cleared the bar, she did it with enough ease to actually enjoy the view on the way down.

"I just looked down at the bar and saw how I far was above it," Hendricks said. "That was really cool."

Hendricks, with the state title wrapped up, had the bar raised to 11-2 and treated herself to another leisurely view of O'Brien Stadium on the campus of Eastern Illinois University, site of the IHSA State Track and Field Meet.

That jump set a new state record. It was also her personal best by an inch.

"Everything just came together at the end," Hendricks said. "At first, I wasn't doing so good. But I kept going as hard as I could and it worked for the best."

Hendricks missed three attempts at 11-6, but hopes to get that -- or better -- Monday at the Meet of Champions at SIU's McAndrew Stadium.

"I was just glad I got the state record," Hendricks said. "I was hoping to jump (11-2) the whole year, but it was a lot better getting it at state than somewhere else."

Her senior year, Hendricks said, she hopes to top the Class AA record. That's 13-3.

*TigerVault*
PV Whiz
Location: Mckendree College in Lebanon, IL - Hometown: Herrin, IL

Unread postby *TigerVault* » Fri May 27, 2005 9:30 pm

Go Kat!! and i have her jumps on cam..she was way capble of clearing 11'6(her goal) on her 11'2 jump and even with her 11' jump.

Return to “Illinois”