"Coaches Mark" "MID" Big Pole

This is a forum to discuss advanced pole vaulting techniques. If you are in high school you should probably not be posting or replying to topics here, but do read and learn.
Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:02 pm

Have you guys read the pole vault manifesto?
Just you wait...

ladyvolspvcoach
PV Follower

Coaches Mid mark

Unread postby ladyvolspvcoach » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:47 pm

The topics and issues on this thread are not addressed on the Pole Vault Manifesto thread. This topic does address how to get the most speed on the runway while maintaining control and maximizing effeciency....

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:26 pm

Yup. I know that. I was just wondering. :D ;)
Just you wait...

baggettpv
PV Master

Running mechanics development

Unread postby baggettpv » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:00 am

Come on you guys, look at the site, print it out then follow the procedures for warm ups.. You will be able to learn how to run better.

http://www.willamettestriders.com/warmups.html

When you can do these then do them with a pole.

RB

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower
Favorite Vaulter: Chase Shealy

Dynamic Warmups

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:18 am

We video taped these Dynamic Warmups with "The Man" Coach Rick Baggett leading the drills during our recent South Carolina camp. I will try to provide a link shortly so that everyone will have the video to go with the written version on his web site.

These Dynamic Warmups reinforce good running mechanics. If you have good mechanics you will not only run faster, you will be in a better position at takeoff. You can do them with or without poles. During the camp we did them without poles, our college athletes do them with poles. Learn to do them correctly first then add the pole. Food for thought. :D
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

baggettpv
PV Master

Dynamic warmups....

Unread postby baggettpv » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:21 am

If anyone is interested I can be available at reno to go over the process, mechanics and psychomotor learning techniques of the warmup activities. Probably in the hallway in the basement. Let me know thru my regular email baggettpv@aol.com if you are interested... I will be going thru some workouts myself (gotta get rid of that last 20 lbs..).

Rick Baggett
WSTC LLC

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:56 pm

Pole Vault Approach/Acceleration

DJ,

What would be the preferred speed for the vaulter to obtain as they hit the mid mark? I'm thinking in terms of estimating a percentage of that vaulters maximum controlled speed down the runway when they hit the mid.

I feel the approach start position, pole carry position and the acceleration over the first part the approach is just as important as the “MIDâ€Â
Come out of the back... Get your feet down... Plant big

Return to “Pole Vault - Advanced Technique”