PV Vocabulary

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:54 pm

Who came up with Pole Vault Dweeb... me! :D :P Haha they are silly I know... but post long enough and you will get some cooler ones ;)

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:20 pm

I like that! it's soooo cute! i like being a pole vaultin dweeb! haha. i never would have come up with something like that! I have to tell my friend about this site!!!!! i like it a lot. :D i'm not being sarcastic. i think that the names are so funny! :D
POLE VAULTING....Fear is NOT and option!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:55 pm

Haha well don't get tooo attached... it will change before too long ;)

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:15 am

lol, becca, you really should tell me when i'll get off being a pole vault "wannabe"
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:23 am

wacky274 wrote:lol, becca, you really should tell me when i'll get off being a pole vault "wannabe"

You just did :yes:

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:59 pm

noooo! i'm attached to it ! lol! so what comes after pole vault dweeb? no denying it...i'm a pole vault dweeb allright! haha! i think that my friends get sooo annoyed with me sometimes because i'm such a pole vaultin dork and i talk about it sooo much! if only they knew what it was like. pole vaultin is a whole new sport! nothin compares to it !!!

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:28 pm

pvaultin girl....who are you, whats your pr, and where ou from? just curious
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.

-Stephen King

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:42 pm

I'm in VA. and no in case anyone is wonderin that is Not a pic. of me.! If you Really want to know who i am go to milestat.com and click on "rankings" (it's at the top in blue lettering) and then to the right (under "ranking archives") you can click on "2002" outdoor and then scroll down until you get to the "AA Elite" column where somewhere at the bottom of the list of links should be a link labeled " Girls Pole vault", click on that and I am the only girl in that list who is in the class of 2005. if you want to know my pr then click on my name and only two invitational meets will flip up with my performances at each( i went to more that two invitationals but these results are incomplete). I don't want to make it hard for ya but then again i don't want everyone knowin who i am so if you really want to know then that's the way to find out.

jmayesvaultmom
PV Follower

Re: PV Vocabulary

Unread postby jmayesvaultmom » Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:15 pm

There is also...

Increase your tempo at the end

mushing your pole

drive it......

I'm sure I'll think of some other ones!

VaultFreak
PV Whiz

Unread postby VaultFreak » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:31 am

At Sky Athletics we like to be "poppy", lol.
Pole Vaulters get high!

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:40 am

yeah, lol, tod and his "poppy"....funny guy....that and him always saying "brother", but thats cool, i say it too sometimes, well when i'm around him it has slipped like once or twice

-Stephen King

VaultFreak
PV Whiz

Unread postby VaultFreak » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:57 am

Yes Todd definitely has some colorful language (never in a bad way though). Have you ever been there when he brings little Lukey? We all try to get him to say stuff, it's so funny.
Pole Vaulters get high!

Return to “Pole Vault - General”