pacer mats

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

prueitt_r
PV Nerd

pacer mats

Unread postby prueitt_r » Thu May 03, 2012 8:09 am

Hi,

We have these mats with the Pacer logo on the side and Urbana , IL under that. Does Pacer still make these in Urbana? I am trying to disprove my AD who swears they are only about 12 years old. I think they, along with these super stiff yelow Cat-a-poles were manufactured quite some time ago longer than that and that we got all of them at the same time. School was built in 1967. Had a 14'9" vaulter in 1994. I'm guessing all that pole vault stuff was purchases somewhere in between. Can anyone help me with the timeline here?

Thanks,

Ray

Gill Athletics
PV Beginner
Expertise: Manufacturer
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jeff Hartwig

Re: pacer mats

Unread postby Gill Athletics » Thu May 03, 2012 8:57 am

We moved from Urbana, IL to neighboring town Champaign, IL around 2004/05. It was around this time that we switched from branding our pits with Pacer to Gill.

If you call Customer Service at 800-637-3090 we can look up when your specific pit was purchased.
facebook.com/gillathletics
@gillathletics
www.gillathletics.com

prueitt_r
PV Nerd

Unread postby prueitt_r » Thu May 03, 2012 8:59 am

Thank you. Can you give me any kind of timeline as to when the yellow Cat poles were produced? We also have some black cat's from when the label was printed on the body of the poles near the middle and the weight rating was written in by hand with a marker.

Decamouse
PV Great
Expertise: Masters vaulter, coach, USATF Official
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Kate Dennison

Unread postby Decamouse » Thu May 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Pretty sure is was about a year earlier -- plans where underway in 2002 -- work in 2003 - late 2003 early 2004 was the plant transition -- more important would be the date for the switch from the gray foam to the white foam - not sure on that date --
Plant like crap sometimes ok most times

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”