plant box foundation

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

larry d
PV Fan
Expertise: former h.s. vaulter. Current Masters vaulter and decathlon competitor
Lifetime Best: 12 ft. 3in
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: john altendorf

plant box foundation

Unread postby larry d » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:25 pm

This is my first post...i'm new here and really enjoy all the info about my former passion !
and now i'm gonna give it a try again.... we're building a runway and pit on rural acreage .
My question is does anyone out there know... how do they set the box in place..I've got the dim. and size and have that covered,but do you set it in concrete or just how is it done ??
Get off the couch !!!

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Re: plant box foundation

Unread postby vaultmd » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:47 am

You can set it in concrete or you can put it in playground sand. If you set it in concrete, be very careful and plan ahead; because you only get one shot. Also, make sure you account for the thickness of your runway surface. If you use sand, it won't budge one bit and you can make adjustments until you get it just right.

larry d
PV Fan
Expertise: former h.s. vaulter. Current Masters vaulter and decathlon competitor
Lifetime Best: 12 ft. 3in
Favorite Vaulter: john altendorf

Re: plant box foundation

Unread postby larry d » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:08 am

Thanks doc' . I concreted it and it's plumb, level, and square ! ...ready to go.I fabricated it out of 10 ga. aluminum. It's all welded and built to NCAA specs. and dimensions. I'd sell them for $300
Get off the couch !!!

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”